Monday, June 23, 2008

Part of the Dresden Adventure

When Mr Oink went for his conference:
Most of the time I will just walked to the city, find a cafe, had my coffee, sweets and will spend time reading my book until Mr Oink comes to foot the bill. Haha. I am very stingy because I only change S$500 and only got 235 Euro. I am mean. :p

Well, the most exciting part of my trip had arrived. One fine day, without Mr Oink, I decided to explore further than the old city. I took a steam boat(Real Boat, not Coca ok) to the Pillnitz Castle. At the counter, (duck and chicken talk) I asked for a ticket for the tour. Boarded the boat and realised that everything is in German. I told myself, "is alright, nothing much you need to know, enjoy the scenery and have fun."

With a loud blast, the boat started sailing. Along the river, there are alot of castles, very very beautiful. 2 old ladies from Holland sat beside me and started talking to me in English. Thank God! Finally found someone who can understand me. We started chatting and they are very very nice.

Reached the dock at the castle, bid goodbye to the couple and i started my own journey to the castle. Beautiful castle, but everything in german. As i walked around the huge garden, I saw many people gathering around this huge glass house and a tree, so i walk over to take a look, explanation is in.... German... so forget it. Then suddenly the couple appeared and ask me whether i understand the glass house and tree, and they started explaining. The tree is camelia, they cant grow in winter, so during winter they will lift the glass house and placed it over the tree to keep it alive. Cool.

After that, the couple said they are going to visit other places in the castle, so we said goodbye again.

Time to leave the castle and to wait at the dock for the boat. As Singaporean, I was KS, I went earlier to queue so I can get good seat onboard. As the queue got longer, someone came to announce something... in German... Everyone else queuing started to show unhappy look and murmuring on something. I was puzzled, what are they talking about? I couldnt find the couple to translate for me, so not wanting to give up my spot, i continue queuing. Eventually the boat arrived. So i told myself, "Everything gonna be alright.". I boarded the boat, found a good spot and even raised my tired legs.

Soon after the boat make way, there was another announcement. "Ding Dong, ijihaijhfeijbjbguqyeo4580990ihfbfkdklgl." Heehee, whatever it is, i dont understand. The passengers started talking about, i was quite worried then. "What's going on?" i asked. Not long after, the boat went alongside a jetty, not my destination, passengers started to alight. Panicked i was, when to look for the ship crews to ask what's going on and he couldnt tell me. :( 

I alighted the boat, on a jetty that is not familiar and then, the couple appeared before me. Phew! What a relief! They told me that there might be a bomb at our destination, therefore the boat is not going back, we have to make our own way back to the city. They told me that they are going back to the city and asked me to follow them. So they are the only people i understand and trust, I followed them.

Safely, they brought me back to the city on tram. They said goodbye to me and left... I feel that they are actaully angels send by God, only appeared when i m in need. Isnt that cool?


Steam Boat The Castle

No comments: