Sunday, June 22, 2008

Germany Part 1

Hey! My post kind of end after my Singapore. I told myself that I m going to talk abt Dresden, Frankfurt and Sydney, but I m extremely not a blogger. Haha.

I will try to blog again.

Dresden, Germany (13th to 20th Jun)
13th to 14th- Basically on the plane(Qantas). The Frankfurt airport is really huge. Took 30mins to walk from one end to the other. Took an 1 hour flight to Dresden.

First, we stay in Holiday Inn, Executive Level. Almost got everything in the room, ironing board, free bottles of mineral water, good quality toiletries, free wireless and etc.

After settling down, we decide to start our adventure! Asked the receptionist(speak quite good english) for direction to the city (there is two cities, old and new), we decided on the new one. Took a walk and a stranger with a bottle of beer came up to us to ask for cigarette. What?! Do we look like smoker? We said no and ran away. Jason was then abit worried because those days where he got to attend the conference, I will be on my own. I assured him not to worry because i know karate(bluff). 

We headed toward the new city. Interestingly, there is a fair going on, very happening. Sausages, beers and cakes everywhere... Yum! No diet during holiday! 

at the New City                      Yummy cakes! I had the strawberry one.

Walked around the fair, alot of funny looking people and interesting stuffs, too many to mention, so not telling you. haha. 


Story telling Carry on with life!
3 little pigs

After walking around the city, i was shocked. Why? Because is very small, is that all? I still got another week here? Are you serious? I was not very impressed.

15th onwards
Took a tram ride to the old city... Da ta!!! This is what you called European Country. Nice old building, streets of cafes, live performances and music playing on the background. Yes!! Took out my fav camera and snaps snaps. Love it!
 
Old city    Famous Church      My Super Model.

Basically, we spent 2 days in the old city. Mr Oink realised that Holiday Inn is too far from his conference venue, so he decided that no matter how expensive the conference hotel is, we are moving there. I think is double the price of Holiday Inn but nearer to old city and conference. So we moved. We got quite a big room, but no free internet, no free water, no this and that. We really had a good laugh. Pay more and get less. 

Holiday Inn


Conference Hotel.

No comments: